Unit Assistant - Grade 220
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: November 20, 2019
This position is responsible for supporting and coordinating the
administrative activities of the nursing unit. May be assigned to
cover multiple units.Essential Functions:
- Processes transfers and discharges using the
Admit-Discharge-Transfer (ADT) system in the electronic medical
- Answers and appropriately routes internal and external
- Orders materials and supplies for the unit, and collects
equipment and medication from the dumb waiter system.
- Answers call system from nurses' station; follows up with
patient and/or family as appropriate.
- Makes follow-up appointments for patients as necessary.
- In conjunction with Discharge Coordinator, organizes transfers
to skilled nursing facilities, including printing relevant sections
of the patient chart.
- Prepares discharge packets and other documents for patients
- Maintains the unit's business equipment, including maintaining
appropriately charged wireless carts.
- Arranges for special maintenance or repair of the unit's
- Updates the unit's white board (this function may be
- Maintains the Minimum Record.
- Assists unit personnel in the use of the electronic medical
record and other systems; may act as the unit resource for
- Acts as greeter for the unit, greeting new patients and their
- Coordinates discharge times, contacts family members with
discharge information, and otherwise facilitates a timely discharge
when the patient is ready.
- Initiates unit's downtime procedures when necessary.
- Communicates with other units/departments.
- May support Environmental Services in the data entry into the
ADT system the status of clean and dirty beds.
- May help to facilitate co-pay collections by communicating with
the Admitting office when family members are present on the unit,
relaying information to Admitting or to the patient/family,
- Assists with other unit duties such as collecting meal trays,
taking STAT specimens to the lab, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.Basic
- High School Diploma/GED.License, Certification, Registration
- N/A.Additional Requirements:
- Working knowledge of PCs and the ability to navigate in a
Windows environment utilizing a mouse.
- Basic knowledge of office equipment (fax machine, copy machine,
- Typing 25 wpm.
- Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions,
correspondence, and medical record documents in English.
- Ability to write simple correspondence using email.
- Working knowledge of computer applications to include Windows
95/97, 2000 or Windows NT is required.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the
appropriate collective bargaining agreement.Preferred
- Medical Terminology certificate.Skills Testing: PCSkills Test
(able to pass PC skills assessment) and Typing 25 WPM Kaiser
Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse
and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital
status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity,
veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing
characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected
status.External hires must pass a background check/drug screen.
Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be
considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and
state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but
not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinances.COMPANY: KAISERTITLE: Unit Assistant - Grade
220LOCATION: Fremont, CaliforniaREQNUMBER: 827423External hires
must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with
arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment
in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws,
including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance
Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, San Francisco , Unit Assistant - Grade 220, Education / Teaching , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!