Company: Seneca Family of Agencies
Posted on: September 23, 2018
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Returning Candidate? Log back in! Preschool Teacher Job Locations US-CA-Oakland Posted Date 4 hours ago(8/8/:34 AM) Job ID 2 # of Openings 1 Category Teaching Overview The Preschool Teacher creates a clear and consistent structure, develops and implements a fun, education, and engaging curriculum, and leads a classroom team in supporting the academic, social and emotional needs of each child. The Teacher establishes a balance of structure and free play that supports each child, while providing caring, therapeutic interventions. Children at Building Blocks have often struggled with behavioral and emotional difficulties, so this program fosters the growth of each child's potential for learning, creativity and social-emotional development in a safe and nurturing environment. Building Blocks features small classroom sizes, a high staff to student ratio, and frequent opportunities for family engagement. Seneca is committed to hiring and maintaining a culturally, ethnically, and linguistically diverse workforce that is reflective of the local client/student community. Responsibilities
- Provide an individualized therapeutic and developmentally appropriate curriculum to each student in the milieu.
- Assist in planning and development of milieu treatment including curricula.
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team in applying behavioral, clinical, therapeutic, and management techniques.
- Evaluate child progress as required by the program.
- Chart and write daily notes of Mental Health Goals.
- Assure that children are properly supervised at all times.
- Coordinate and oversee individual and small group instruction.
- Communicate regularly with all staff and family members/guardians who are involved in the daily life of the child.
- Intervene with the children in the program as needed (This includes physical management of clients and implementation of Seneca Center's Ahimsa Model Training).
- Transport children to and from their place of residence as needed.
- Conduct IEP meetings. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of 12 ECE units covering the areas of Child Development, Child, Family and Community, and Curriculum
- Experience working in a pre-school setting, minimum of one year
- Valid California driver's license and ability to be insured through Seneca's automobile policy
- Clearance of TB test, fingerprints, and any other mandatory State/Federal licensing or certification requirements
- Ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team Schedule
- Monday - Friday, 8am - 4pm Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive employee benefit package, including medical, dental, vision and chiropractic coverage, as well as partially paid premiums for dependents
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance Program
- Scholarship opportunities, ongoing training, and professional development opportunities
- Two to three full-time Classroom Counselors to provide behavioral and academic support
- 7 weeks of school breaks, 1 week of PTO, and 4 weeks of teacher days off
- 403b retirement planEmployment opportunities are, and shall be open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their experience, aptitudes and abilities. It is the policy of Seneca Family of Agencies to grant equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, marital status, disability, Vietnam Era Veteran status, age, religion, political affiliation, gender or sexual orientation. Seneca is committed to providing a fair, equitable, and inclusive work environment. We welcome candidates that will promote and value diversity and exercise teamwork and collaboration. Apply for this job onlineApplyShareEmail this job to a friendRefer Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Need help finding the right job? We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started. Application FAQsSoftware Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Seneca Family of Agencies, San Francisco , Preschool Teacher, Education / Teaching , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!