Junior Varsity Head Coach - Men's Basketball
Company: FRENCH AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionThe International Athletic Department operates
within a K-12 independent school setting, working with over 600
students enrolled in grades 5 -12. In keeping with the Mission of
the School, Respect, Integrity, Inclusion, Collaboration, and
Curiosity the Jaguar Athletic experience is a journey, which will
be a source of growth, pride, and enthusiasm for all members of our
community. From the novice to the college-bound athlete,
student-athletes have the opportunity to participate in competitive
team and individual sports, developing healthy practices of mind,
body, and character for themselves, their teams, and their school.
International High School and French American International School
is seeking positive, passionate, and knowledgeable Varsity Head
Coach - Men's Soccer The ideal candidates will have experience
coaching at the high school, college or club level and should have
experience working, playing, or coaching in a value-based athletic
program. Select candidates will go through an interview process and
a full background check.The specific practice times to be announced
when schedules are finalized, but coaches can expect to be on
campus 5-6 days a week. Practice times range between 5-8 pm.
Additionally, there are off-season commitments; managing a strength
& conditioning program, hosting workouts, running open gyms, and
organizing a summer basketball program. The head coach must be
well-versed in NCS, and CIF rules and regulations. JOB
DESCRIPTIONAll head coaches report directly to the Athletic
Director and have the primary responsibility for administering all
levels of their sport. The successful candidate will be required to
follow the procedures of the high school's athletic program, as
well as those of the International and California Interscholastic
Federation.Coaches ExpectationsCommunicationCoaches will provide
clear communication for student-athletes and families regarding
expectations and philosophy. In the case where a conflict arises
coaches will be available to help seek resolution at the
appropriate time which will not take place immediately before or
after a contest. Player DevelopmentCoaches will assist in the total
development of all student-athletes by using positive methods to
create an ideal learning environment, therefore, helping them
through their life journey, not just their athletic journey.
Coaches will create and implement a meaningful practice structure
to enhance instruction, development, and effective use of time for
all members of the team within the program.Player EvaluationCoaches
will use a holistic approach when evaluating a student-athlete
using qualities such as skill, character, integrity, leadership,
coachability, and a love for the sport. Skill alone will not
supersede the Core Principles of the Jaguar family. Coaches will
select student-athletes that best represent our School's Mission
without regard to ability or status. Coaches will incorporate a
student-driven, mid and post-season review that will be shared with
the student-athletes. Team LeadershipCoaches will foster an
environment that will develop positive leadership qualities both on
and off the field of play. Coaches will select Team Captains and
Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) members based on
character and leadership ability rather than athletic performance
or status. Adhere to Chain of Command. Coaches understand that
coaching at our school is a privilege and not a right. They will
uphold the Mission of the school and conduct themselves
- 3+ years of head coaching experience at the high school varsity
level, AAU, or head/assistant collegiate coaching level preferred.
Recent experience (within the last five years) is highly preferred,
but not required.
- Demonstrated and in-depth knowledge of the game with the
ability to increase students' IQ and develop players' individual
areas of growth.
- A proven record of developing teamwork, chemistry, and
promoting a culture of discipline, a family-like environment, and
uses positive reinforcement to teach and redirect students.
- A natural motivator who can develop the social, emotional, and
mental health of student-athletes.
- A coach that has the vision and ability to implement that
vision in developing a winning program and extraordinary
- Ability to run effective and efficient practices
- A proven history of positive staff, student, and administrative
support and relationships. Possesses the ability to teach, organize
and supervise assistants.
- A proven history of placing appropriate emphasis on good
sportsmanship, academic excellence, positive attitudes, and
- A demonstrated ability to teach, enforce, advocate and model
appropriate behavior, character traits, and educational values to
- Must be an effective communicator and possess strong
- A demonstrated ability to successfully promote athletes who
qualify under NCAA Clearinghouse standards for post-secondary
- Must be ASEP/NFHS, CPR, First Aid, and Concussion
- Possess and maintain appropriate certification and/or
authorization for coaching. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Has full responsibility for the overall supervision and
development of their program, including the junior varsity,
freshman teams, and off-season training program.
- In charge of assignments and duties of the assistant coaches as
all lower levels under his/her supervision.
- In coordination with the Athletic Director, plans and
implements the scheduling of team activities, retreats, tryouts,
practices, game plans, and summer activities.
- Teach student-athletes to perform sound, safe fundamental
techniques of the designated sport throughout the season.
- Involved in the academic performance of the
- Responsible for communicating with athletic administration,
team parents, and student-athletes via email.
- Follows league policies, site procedures, and rules.
- Fosters training in conduct, ethics, and sportsmanship for all
participants and coaches.
- Responsible for the safety and securing of the team before,
during, and after events and traveling to and from events. The
coach is required to ride the bus with the team.
- Verifies that the Athletic Director clears each team member
before allowing him/her to try out or practice.
- Works with the Athletic Director and the Principal to maintain
communication and to solve problems at the school level while
supporting the ideas of the program/parent concern procedures.
- Submits an annual written report evaluating the program, with
recommendations for improvements, if requested by the Athletic
- Oversees the safety conditions of the facility or area in which
the assigned sport is conducted at all times athletes are present.
Reports any unsafe conditions to the facilities administrator
promptly to correct safety hazards.
- Cooperates with all of the coaches in providing the optimum
sports program possible.
- Sets up a preseason parent orientation meeting for all levels
to review eligibility, athletic code, team rules, and season
expectations for all athletes.
- Complies with time constraints for practice and contest
schedules, including Holidays/Saturdays, as well as off-season
schedules.EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICYFrench American
International School is committed to providing an open, fair,
inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals
across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, socio-economic status, ethnicity, age,
physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the
presence, representation, and inclusion of U.S. historically
under-represented people of color, international, bilingual, and
bicultural students, faculty, and staff; and, to provide an
environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as
lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and
intersex (LGBTQQI).Powered by JazzHRsCAYyXrGMI
Keywords: FRENCH AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL, San Francisco , Junior Varsity Head Coach - Men's Basketball, Education / Teaching , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!