Dental Hygiene Instructor
Company: University of the Pacific
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Please see Special Instructions for more details. This
recruitment is to establish a pool of qualified candidates, from
which multiple short term, temporary appointments may be made.Your
application will be active for up to 6 months within the temporary
pool. (Note: If a job specific posting is created and you are
interested in that specific position, please reapply directly to
the posted position. Your previous temporary pool application will
not automatically transfer to the new job opening.)Submission of
materials does not guarantee consideration for future employment in
openings of this type, since availability can be unpredictable and
consideration competitive. Title Campus Department Department of
Periodontics Posting Number F00388 Full or Part Time Part Time Open
Date 03/11/2021 Close Date Open Until Filled No Days Per Week Up to
2 days per week Primary Purpose and Essential Functions Position
The Dental Hygiene Program at University of the Pacific, Arthur A.
Dugoni School of Dentistry, invites applicants to apply for a
part-time, instructor, up to 2 days per week, position. Instructors
are responsible for providing content in preclinical skills and
supervision and instruction for patient care in the clinic setting.
1. Instruction in the pre-clinical curriculum and teaching patient
2. Supervise/instruct students providing clinical patient care.
3. Provide student feedback in verbal and written form using a
4. Participate in mandatory faculty calibration and faculty
5. Engage broadly in other school, university, professional and
community service opportunities.
6. Contribute to the Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry culture
of humanism and diversity. Minimum Qualifications 1. Minimum of 2
years clinical practice.
2. Current California RDH or DDS license.
3. Current and valid CPR certification
4. Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population of
patients, students, staff, faculty and administration.
5. Ability to work collaboratively in a group setting.
6. Demonstrate professional judgement in all situations. Preferred
Qualifications GENERAL : Faculty should have sufficient motor
function to execute movements essential to providing oral health
care to patients.
SPECIFIC : Must possess the motor skills to perform palpation,
percussion, screening tests, other diagnostic maneuvers, scaling,
root debridement, polishing and sealant placement in a timely
manner. Such actions require coordination of gross and fine motor
movements, equilibrium and functional uses of the senses of touch
and vision. Physical Requirements Must be able to perform basic
life support including CPR , position and reposition patients with
disabilities and maintain sitting and standing positions for a
prolonged period. Must be able to operate dental unit controls, use
slow speed hand pieces for procedures and used hand instruments
effectively. Special Instructions Contact Information Contact Email
Are Applicants Required to Submit References for This Posting? No
Minimum Number of References 3 Maximum Number of References 4 All
applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are
required to execute a release and authorization for a background
screening. AA/EEO Policy Statement University of the Pacific is an
affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to
workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own
policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse
faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of
faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits
to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion,
national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender,
marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation,
medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression,
or mental or physical disability. Supplemental Questions Required
fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first learn about this employment opportunity?
- University of the Pacific Website
- Association of American Colleges and Universities
- Chronicle of HIgher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium - Northern California
- Modesto Bee
- Pacific Employee
- Personal Referral
- Professional or Association Listserv
- Publication or website from a professional organization
- Sacramento Bee
- San Francisco Chronicle
- Stockton Record
- Agency Referral
- Other Online Job Board
- * Have you received notice that you are under review for
possible exclusion from Medicare, Medicaid or any other Federal
health care program?
- * Are you currently excluded from participation in Medicare,
Medicaid or any other Federal health care program?
Keywords: University of the Pacific, San Francisco , Dental Hygiene Instructor, Education / Teaching , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!