Drafter/CAD Operator III
Company: Synectic Solutions Inc
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Looking for an opportunity to work with a talented team and
expand your experience in Logistics?
SSI needs to add a Drafter/CAD Operator III to support the China
Lake community across many different weapons systems.
The mission of NAWCWD is to provide the Armed Forces with effective
and affordable integrated warfare systems and life-cycle support to
ensure battle space dominance. NAWCWD operates the Navy's largest
Western Land and Sea Range Test and Evaluation Complex which is
used to verify and validate proof of concepts to operationally
fielded capabilities by applying new technologies and performing
Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E), including
logistics and in-service support for guided missiles, free-fall
weapons, targets, crew systems, and electronic warfare systems.
- This operator prepares complete sets of complex drawings or
computer models that include multiple views, detail drawings, and
- Drawings or models include complex design features that require
considerable drafting skill to visualize and portray.
- Assignments regularly require the use of mathematical formulas
to draw land contours or to compute weights, center of gravity,
load capacities, dimensions, quantities of material, etc.
- The Draft/CAD Operator works from sketches, computer models,
and verbal information supplied by an engineer, architect, or
designer to determine the most appropriate views, detail drawings,
and supplementary information needed to complete assignments.
- This operator selects required information from computer
programs, and internet sites, precedents, manufacturers' catalogs,
and technical guides. This operator independently resolves most of
the problems encountered.
- Supervisor or design originator may suggest methods of approach
or provide advice on unusually difficult problems.
If this aligns with your experience and sounds like it is the
career path you wish to progress, these are the requirements to be
considered for this position:
- Master's degree in a technical discipline plus/or 10 years work
experience supporting weapons systems
Must possess a valid California driver's license. U.S. Citizenship
and must be able to obtain and maintain U.S. DoD SECRET Security
Clearance required for hire, and to be maintained throughout
employment. All candidates will be required to pass background
screening to include SSN, Driver Record, and Criminal Background
This position is contingent upon contract award and is anticipated
to start in February of 2023.
What You Can Expect from Us
- Positive Office environment
- Professional and knowledgeable team and leadership
- Business Office hours
What's In It for Me?
- Competitive salary
- Great benefits, including:
- Company-subsidized PPO Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Paid Time Off
- 11 Paid Holidays per year
- Education Assistance
- Company-subsidized Corporate Fitness Program
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-paid Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment
Insurance with an option to increase coverage.
- Company-paid Short- and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Company-paid Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible hours
- Opportunities for on-the-job training
What Your Experience Working for Us Will Be Like
Ask any of our employees and they will tell you SSI is a great
place to work with an upbeat and positive culture. We take pride in
our work to continuously improve on our performance in a manner
that enhances the mission of the agencies we serve while expanding
opportunities for our employees and our company.
What You'll Enjoy About Where We're Located
We are located one hour north of Los Angeles in the heart of
Ventura County, a relaxing and diverse community conveniently
located near The Collection shopping center, beaches, hiking, and
About Synectic Solutions, Inc. (SSI)
Synectic Solutions, Inc. (SSI), is an award-winning, 20-year
government contracting agency focused on the areas of logistics,
engineering, management, and information technology. SSI is a
growing organization committed to exceeding customer expectations,
to continually improving all products, services, and processes, and
to perform all work with the commitment to upholding the highest
standards and ethics.
Ready to apply?
If this job sounds like a fit for you, then click on the 'apply'
button below. Good luck!
Keywords: Synectic Solutions Inc, San Francisco , Drafter/CAD Operator III, Design, Graphic Design & CAD , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!