PR and Social Media Coordinator, School of Fashion
Company: Academy of Art University
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: July 16, 2019
Driven. Engaging. Innovative. Do these words motivate you? If so,
then we want to talk with you. Academy of Art University offers a
rewarding employment experience for those who excel in a dynamic
environment and who can consistently deliver high-caliber customer
service. We thrive on ingenuity and pursue ideas every day that
lead to extraordinary opportunities for tomorrow. Apply here for
your next career!
Academy of Art University's School of Fashion is seeking to hire a
full-time PR and Social Media Coordinator. In this role, you will
develop and publish social media campaigns, manage relationships
with press connections and assist in producing special events at
the School of Fashion. This position is located at 625 Polk Street
in downtown San Francisco. Additional responsibilities include:
- Work with the Director of Public Relations & Special Events to
augment local, national and international PR efforts.
- Develop and manage social content strategy and social media
calendars, including conceptualization and pitching ideas,
directing content creation, copy and campaigns.
- Research, prepare, write, pitch and distribute news and
information (press releases, media alerts, biographies, etc.) to
media outlets in local, regional and international markets
including print, broadcast and web-based media.---
- Work with the Director of Public Relations & Special Events on
production of events and media relationships around New York
Fashion Week, the San Francisco Graduation Fashion Show and special
- Contribute to ad hoc reports and calendars.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects under tight
- Professional experience in the Fashion Industry and/or Fashion
- Bachelor's degree in related fields is preferred.
- A strong comprehension of digital marketing channels and
previous experience managing social media campaigns.
- Expertise in navigating and producing content on social
channels such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and
- Adept and familiar with marketing automation and social
marketing campaign development. Must have experience with Constant
Contact and Sprout Social or equivalent marketing automation or
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work closely with and support leadership at the
- Excellent communication and decision-making skills.
- Prior experience with drafting and releasing press
- Proficient with Excel or equivalent data management tool.
- Familiarity with CRM systems.
- Must be flexible and willing to consistently change direction
- Must have a good eye for design and be able to communicate and
collaborate with counterparts within each department in the School
- Strong copyrighting and editing skills, which includes the
ability to create, revise, direct and re-purpose content to meet
the strategic objectives of the department and the University.
- Previous experience with producing video content and engaging
press connections is preferred.
Academy of Art University offers full-time employees health
insurance, 401k options, paid vacation based on years of service,
paid holidays, paid sick leave and a commuter benefit program. The
Academy also offers full-time employees an opportunity to take one
undergraduate course tuition-free each semester. We also have a
swimming pool with multiple lanes, two fitness centers and many
recreational programs that you are welcome to benefit from
throughout the year.
Academy of Art University is an equal opportunity employer. All
applicants will be considered regardless of age, Aids or HIV
positive status, marital status, domestic partnership, medical
condition or genetic characteristics, race or national origin,
pregnancy, religion, sex, gender identity, gender or sexual
orientation, name change, citizenship, physical or mental
disability, veteran status or other status protected by federal,
state, local or other law. Equal access to the hiring process,
services, and employment is available to all persons. Applicants
requiring accommodations to the application and/or interview
process should contact the Human Resources Manager by calling
415-274-2222. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance,
we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest
and conviction records.
Keywords: Academy of Art University, San Francisco , PR and Social Media Coordinator, School of Fashion, Advertising , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!