Principal Technical Documentation Writer
Company: Model N
Location: San Mateo
Posted on: June 17, 2019
You work effectively in a fast-paced team environment focused on
delivering products, developing documentation for new products and
features, and maintaining existing documentation for ongoing
releases. You are an influential member of the team who works
closely with Product Managers to understand the business use cases
which drive new functionality as well as with the Product
Development team to understand how things work. You must be a
self-starter who gets involved early in the Agile process and
establishes your presence as the advocate for our partners and
customers. This is not a passive, wait for others to tell you what
to do kind of role so we're looking for candidates who enjoy
jumping in and making things happen!
- Deliver accurate customer-facing documentation on time and with
a high degree of quality.
- Create strategic initiatives around authoring environments and
- Create documentation from scratch for new products.
- Develop and implement single-source strategies.
- 7+ years of experience in high growth, tech environments
building documentation for Saas solutions
- Specific technical expertise in MindTouch and Confluence
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure concepts and
- Impeccable written English skills
- Strong team player with outstanding communication,
organization, and interpersonal skills.
- A history of fearless hands-on investigation and product use
and a strong customer advocate mentality
- Comfort with agile, swiftly changing, dynamic software
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to establish and follow style and usage guidelines
- Ability to drive, follow, and evangelize cross-team
- Experience using enterprise-grade bug tracking systems, such as
- Experience using content collaboration tools like Confluence
- Must understand content reuse and single sourcing.
- Experience and commitment to capturing and maintaining
- A Bachelor's degree in a writing-intensive field, or
significant work experience in startups or fast-paced enterprise
technology development environments
Nice to Have:
- People management experience or leadership of a significant
documentation team effort.
- Knowledge of Salesforce configuration and administration.
Model N - About Us:Model N (MODN: NYSE) manages over $500B of
revenue for the world's most demanding growth companies. In the
wake of digital disruption, there is a growing revenue execution
crisis making it harder than ever for these companies to know and
grow their True Top Line. It is a strategic imperative for life
sciences and high tech companies to have a system of record
designed to maximize revenue, avoid revenue leakage, and ensure
compliance. Model N is that trusted system of record, with a
comprehensive Revenue Execution suite ready for these
Model N is a pioneer and a leading provider of revenue management
cloud solutions for the life science, technology, and manufacturing
industries. Our solutions enable our customers to maximize revenue
and reduce revenue compliance risk by transforming their revenue
lifecycle from a series of tactical, disjointed operations into a
strategic end-to-end process. Our customers use our application
suites to manage mission-critical functions, such as pricing,
contracting, incentives and rebates. Our solutions serve as the
system of record for our customers' revenue management processes
and provide a competitive advantage for them. Our application
suites are built on a modern, cloud platform that is delivered as
SaaS. Model N markets a family of Revenue Cloud application suites
designed to meet the unique, strategic needs of these industries.
Our Revenue Clouds are then further configured to meet the specific
needs of our customers. Our Revenue Clouds serves as the system of
record for, and automates the execution of, revenue processes such
as quoting, pricing, contracting and incentive and rebate
management. In addition, our Revenue Clouds provide analytical
insights to define and optimize revenue strategies. Each of these
Revenue Clouds consists of several applications, which can be
purchased together or as separate standalone applications. Model N
augments our Revenue Clouds with implementation, managed,
strategic, and customer support services. Model N customers include
Pfizer, J&J, Sanofi, BMS, Gilead, Abbott, Abbvie, Shire,
Stryker, Intel, ST Micro, NXP, Broadcom, Qualcomm, and Philips.
Model N's 800 employees are located in our HQ in San Mateo,
California and in offices in Denver, Chicago, Princeton, NJ,
Waltham, MA, Portland ME, Geneva, Hyderabad, and Ahmedabad. Our
company culture is deeply committed to our core DARE (Dream, Align,
Respect, Excel) values and we put people first as our strongest,
most valuable asset. We work hard to foster an environment where
employees feel a strong sense of teamwork, alignment to common
goals and, most importantly, respect and appreciation for their
contributions to the company's success.
Keywords: Model N, San Francisco , Principal Technical Documentation Writer, Advertising , San Mateo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!