Senior Product Marketing Manager
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: February 9, 2024
About the role
We're looking for a customer-focused, execution-oriented product
marketer to own the growth of Gusto's employee benefits offerings
to small and medium businesses.
Gusto is growing our product offering to include new employee
benefits for small and medium sized businesses and expand existing
offerings. You will own go-to-market strategy for these products.
You'll partner with GTM and sales teams to drive awareness and
adoption of these features, accountable for business results.
You'll combine data analysis, segmentation, positioning,
go-to-market planning and go-to-market execution to define how we
bring new and existing product offerings to businesses. You'll
identify, prioritize, and accelerate the growth of our offering by
partnering with product, design, channel marketing, lifecycle
marketing, partner marketing, and data analytics teams. You'll use
data to demonstrate the success of your work.
If you are a full-stack marketer with a customer mindset and
ambition to accelerate a company on a mission to empower small and
mid-sized businesses, we'd love to hear from you!
Here's what you'll do day-to-day:
- Define required research needs and develop new ideas in support
of strategy and direction. Understand customer needs through
synthesis of qualitative and quantitative sources (market analysis,
surveys, customer interviews, and product usage data). Leverage
your understanding to impact strategy.
- Influence the product roadmap by delivering on actionable
insights & recommendations necessary to drive the
- Develop positioning and messaging for target audiences that
drives action, translating them into compelling value propositions
and materials for go-to-market teams.
- Own and develop social proof materials
- Identify how products fit within packaging; make
recommendations. Ensure pricing considerations are included and
work with pricing and finance on implications
- Have direct ownership of product launches. Identify support of
business goals and build out a launch narrative. Collaborate with
marketing teams to develop campaigns and demand generation
strategies to drive product awareness, adoption, and revenue
- Take full ownership of leading cross-functional teams,
including Marketing, Communications/PR, Sales, and Data Science, to
drive coordinated execution of go-to-market plans and campaigns.
Drive product adoption and growth.
- Define campaign success metrics and facilitate measurement plan
and alignment with business goals. Prove efficacy with testing.
Here's what we're looking for:
- 7+ years of work experience, 2+ in product marketing, with
other experience in consulting, CPG, strategy, finance, and/or
- A customer empath, able to shift into the mindset of a customer
and deeply understand their wants, needs, preferences, and
- A wildly curious, strategic and quantitative person who uses
data to solve problems.
- A go getter, experienced in driving and launching go-to-market
- A storyteller, able to craft compelling positioning with a
customer first mindset. Experience conducting user and market
research is a plus.
- A track record earning the respect of marketing, sales,
product, operations, and design teams.
- An influencer that can work well with various functional groups
and levels in the organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including
editing others' work and coaching others' presentations.
Not required but handy:
- Experience in employee benefits, health insurance, marketing to
SMBs or marketing to accountants
- History of working with lifecycle and/or partner marketing
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at
$154,000/year - $181,000/year for San Francisco & New York, and
$127,000/year - $162,000/year in Denver & most remote locations.
Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including
candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts
Keywords: Gusto, San Francisco , Senior Product Marketing Manager, Advertising , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!