Company: Rakuten Viki
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Rakuten Group, Inc. is the largest e-commerce company in Japan,
and third largest e-commerce marketplace company worldwide, with
over 1.5 billion registered users worldwide. The Rakuten brand is
recognized worldwide for its leadership and innovation, and
provides a variety of consumer and business-focused services
including e-commerce, e-reading, travel, banking, securities,
credit card, e-money, portal and media, online marketing and
professional sports. The company is expanding globally and
currently has operations throughout Asia, Western Europe, and the
Rakuten Viki is a premier global entertainment streaming site where
millions of people discover and consume primetime shows and movies
subtitled in more than 200 languages, by our community of fans.
With billions of videos viewed and more than 1 billion words
translated, Viki brings global entertainment to fans
The Creative Team is responsible for all aspects of Rakuten Viki's
marketing including User Acquisition, CRM, and Brand Management, to
ensure the perfect development and execution of top-notch
communications to bring premium Asian Entertainment to fans
globally. We are looking for a smart, enthusiastic, hard-working,
and creative Sr. Copywriter to join the Creative Team and to
concept and shape marketing communications, brand tone-of-voice,
and creative strategy for title promotions and brand awareness. The
ideal candidate for this role is deeply passionate about Asian
entertainment and an expert in marketing copywriting.
This role will collaborate with User Acquisition, CRM, Content
Acquisition and Legal teams across our multiple offices: US, SG and
- Brainstorm and provide strong conceptual copywriting and
scripting ideation for a variety of marketing initiatives,
including but not limited to advertising, social media,
newsletters, editorial content, and brand experiences.
- Collaborate closely with marketing managers, designers,
producers, and external partners to align on strategy and execution
across communication channels.
- Use storytelling skills and keen attention to detail to
evaluate, uphold, implement, and evangelize copywriting standards
that adhere to the Rakuten Viki brand and brand voice
- Build strong narratives that clearly articulate value
propositions and emotional appeal of product excellence in driving
target audience's engagement.
- Optimize copywriting (language, tone, message) across different
touch points for brand experience consistency based on our target
- Has excellent creative copywriting judgment, instincts, and an
informed point of view based on industry trends and best practices.
Open for different perspectives for multiple
- Proofread text and correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation
errors. Rewrite text to improve clarity and readability, keeping
within the brand tone of voice.
- Coordinate the review, feedback and revision loops with various
stakeholders and legal. Able to work independently and manage
projects from start to finish.
- BA/BS degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing,
or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in online content writing, ad
copy writing, content strategy, UX writing, and marketing
communications for an agency and/or internal brand marketing
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Experience with SEO.
- Experience in content production process across various
- Proficiency with MS Office programs.
- Strong communication, project management, administrative,
creative, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, creative
environment, think strategically and creatively.
- Strong research skills.
- Creativity and collaborative spirit.
- Excellent English writing skills.
- Streaming industry knowledge
- Experience developing iconic copywriting for brand
- Knowledge and passion for Asian entertainment (K-pop, J-pop,
Korean dramas etc.)
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effect and
Premiere is a plus.
- Multilingual (Spanish and Portuguese) is a plus.
- Experience writing for a global audience
Rakuten is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate
based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin,
religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual
orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information,
marital status or any legally protected status. Women, minorities,
individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are
Keywords: Rakuten Viki, San Francisco , Senior Copywriter, Advertising , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!