Company: 500 Global
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: May 16, 2022
We uplift people and economies around the world through
Who We Are
500 Global is a venture capital firm that invests early in founders
building fast-growing technology companies. We focus on markets
where technology, innovation, and capital can unlock long-term
value and drive economic growth. We work closely with key
stakeholders and advise governments and corporations on how best to
support entrepreneurial ecosystems so startups can thrive.
500 Global has backed over 6,000 founders representing more than
2,500 companies operating in 77 countries. Our portfolio includes
41 companies valued at over $1 billion and 125 companies valued at
over $100 million. Our 140+ plus team members are located in more
than 15 countries and bring experience as entrepreneurs, investors,
and operators from some of the world's leading technology
We are looking for a detail-oriented and resourceful individual to
join our team as an Assistant Editor. Responsibilities include
collaborating with the Head of Communications to plan stories and
projects, liaising with writers to meet deadlines, and ensuring all
copy is accurate and original. To be successful, the Assistant
Editor should be able to handle all stages of the publication
process to help deliver unique and informative content.
- Collaborate with the Head of Communications to research and
plan content for 500 Global's blog and podcast.
- Write engaging social media copy for blog posts and
- Manage editorial calendar and publishing platform.
- Liaise with writers, 500 Global team members, mentors and
founders to commission articles to ensure deadlines are met.
- Follow developments and news in tech and VC, and suggest story
- Use search engine optimization to guide team members in
creating topics of interest.
- Research and write articles.
- Copy, edit and proofread articles ensuring accuracy of content
- Select images for stories.
- Track analytics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA in Journalism, Communications, or related field.
- Some previous experience researching and writing content gained
through either work experience or internship.
- Strong writing and copy editing skills.
- Strong command of English.
- Familiarity with Wordpress and SEO.
- Knowledge of the tech industry.
- Knowledge of venture capital is a plus.
Keywords: 500 Global, San Francisco , Assistant Editor, Advertising , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!