Company: Inside Higher Ed
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Marketing CoordinatorStanford UniversityJob Number:
88411Marketing & Program Coordinator/50% FTEJob Family:
MarketingJob Series: Marketing SpecialistJob Code: 4891Grade:
EExemption: Non-exemptStanford Master of Liberal Arts
ProgramStanford's Master of Liberal Arts (MLA) program is a
part-time graduate degree program for adults. Now in its 29th year,
the program has 80 ongoing students, and 317 alumni. Through
rigorous, graduate-level study, the MLA program aims to help
students develop the intellectual methodology they need to engage
in the contemporary debate, to cultivate their ability to find
connections among different areas of human thought, to acquire the
tools to conduct original research, and to pursue a life of
ideas.The MLA Marketing & Program Coordinator is a (50% time)
position. The MLA Marketing and Program Coordinator will work under
the direction of the Master of Liberal Arts Associate Dean &
Director, and closely with the Associate Director. The Marketing &
Program Coordinator will be responsible for the MLA program's
marketing plan, ad design, event planning and execution, and
program material design. Under direct supervision, the Marketing &
Program Coordinator will assist with the execution of marketing
programs that enable programs, services, events and/or products to
meet business objectives.Your responsibilities include:Design, and
produce materials for the MLA community.
- Design and email the quarterly alumni e-newsletter.
- Design and produce annual alumni giving newsletter.
- Design and produce Tangents, the journal of the MLA program.
Draft, edit, and schedule select marketing communications for a
variety of channels (web, print, radio, email, online).
- Design and produce advertisements and marketing collateral for
- Development of targeted campaigns.
- Update MLA website using Drupal; create calendar for News
section of site and update; update photos.
- Maintain social media accounts for MLA; develop and maintain
social media calendar, maintain Facebook and Twitter accounts
(including posts and photos).
- Maintain Google Ads account for MLA program.
- Maintain MLA YouTube page.
- Work with Stanford Continuing Studies marketing team to promote
MLA through their channels.
- Monitor, track, and report marketing program effectiveness
(including through Google Analytics). Support the planning and
execution of events.
- Act as primary event and meeting coordinator for the MLA
program. Events include online and in- person lectures, three
annual Information Sessions, Commencement, graduation party,
colloquia, four Advisory Committee meetings, Welcome Dinner, and
the thesis information meeting.
- Assist with conference planning when needed (usually every
- Review and report post event/program data. Assist with
marketing plans/programs to meet business objectives, including
coordinating with internal stakeholders.
- Responsible for creating and executing annual marketing plan
for MLA Program. Provide administrative support to program.
- Place orders for letterhead, envelopes, signage, and other
- Open and process incoming mail.
- Assist with large mailings and collating admissions materials.
Note: The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed
by positions in this job classification and are not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and
responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs
without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level
of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as
assigned.To be successful in the position, you will bring:
- Bachelor's Degree or a combination of education and relevant
experience.In addition, preferred requirements include:
- Excellent communication skills, including writing and
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently and to meet expected deadlines
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity, and originality.
- Design skills required.
- Demonstrated decision-making capability, with analytical and
- Ability to develop and implement program goals and marketing
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with Adobe
Creative Suite (specifically InDesign, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe
Photoshop), HTML, CMS, database systems, and MS Office.
- Familiarity with Zoom meetings and webinars.
- Marketing experience (including ad timelines, traffic, vendor
relationships, managing budgets).
- Event planning experience preferred.
- Demonstrated team player.Please note: This position is located
on the Stanford University campus. In response to COVID-19 and
Shelter in Place requirements, Stanford University has decided that
except when work cannot be done remotely, all staff will work from
home temporarily. As of now this guidance is in place until the end
of March 2021.Why Stanford is for YouOur culture and unique perks
empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition
reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening,
or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous
time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of
health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities.
We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails,
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing
incentives, discounts and more!How to ApplyWe invite you to apply
for this position by clicking on the "Apply for Job" button. To be
considered, please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter
along with your online application.Consistent with its obligations
under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation
to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to
perform the essential functions of his or her job.Stanford is an
equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stanford
welcomes applications from all who would bring additional
dimensions to the University's research, teaching and clinical
missions.Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this
position. All candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Schedule: Part-time
- Job Code: 4102
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: E
- Requisition ID: 88411 Job: Location: Stanford, California,
United States Schedule: Classification Level: To be considered for
this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the
following link: Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.Copyright --2017 Jobelephant.com
Inc. All rights reserved.
Keywords: Inside Higher Ed, San Francisco , Marketing Coordinator, Advertising , Stanford, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!