Administrative Associate 3
Company: Stanford University
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Stanford University is seeking an Administrative Associate 3 to
provide administrative or operational support with limited
supervision. May be responsible for leading other administrative
staff or subordinates.Duties include:
- Act on behalf of the supervisor, department manager, or chair
in regards to establishing priorities and identifying and resolving
problems that are administrative in nature.
- Oversee and/or perform duties associated with scheduling,
organizing, and operating complex conferences, seminars, and
events, including arranging with vendors for services, overseeing
the production and distribution of materials, administering
logistics, and managing event within budget.
- Compose and draft documents and correspondence for
presentations, course handouts, grants, conferences, seminars, and
reports; perform substantial editing and fact checking. Create,
maintain, modify, and/or ensure accuracy of content in various unit
documents, displays, reports, brochures, social media, and/or
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) with limited consultation,
resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance
with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Create complex reports and spreadsheets which may utilize
specialized software and systems.
- Oversee and/or process a variety of complex financial
transactions; produce, monitor, and reconcile budget statements;
research, identify, and resolve discrepancies. May assist with
capital or special equipment requests and/or vendor selection.
- Coordinate and monitor routine maintenance services completion.
Plan and coordinate office moves and/or minor renovation
- May lead staff or supervise day-to-day work of student and/or
temporary workers, including scheduling, assigning, and
prioritizing workloads, setting appropriate deadlines, reviewing
work for quality and timeliness, and providing performance review
input.* - Other duties may also be assigned EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
(REQUIRED):High school diploma and four years of administrative
experience, or combination of education and relevant
experience.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with
office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and assign work to
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment
in making decisionsPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS*:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp
lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone,
sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that
weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.* - Consistent with
its obligations under the law, the University will provide
reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who
requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or
her job.WORK STANDARDS:
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well
with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal
responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns;
uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable
University policies and procedures, including but not limited to
the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's
Administrative Guide, The expected pay range for this position is
$66,000 to $91,000 per annum. Stanford University provides pay
ranges representing its good faith estimate of what the university
reasonably expects to pay for a position. The pay offered to a
selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as (but
not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the
qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget
availability, internal equity, geographic location and external
market pay for comparable jobs.At Stanford University, base pay
represents only one aspect of the comprehensive rewards package.
The Cardinal at Work website () provides detailed information on
Stanford's extensive range of benefits and rewards offered to
employees. Specifics about the rewards package for this position
may be discussed during the hiring process.
Keywords: Stanford University, San Francisco , Administrative Associate 3, Administration, Clerical , Stanford, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!