Senior Manager, Global Compensation
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Fastly helps the world's most popular digital businesses keep pace with their customer expectations by delivering fast, secure, and scalable online experiences. Businesses trust Fastly to accelerate the pace of technical innovation, mitigate evolving threats, and scale on demand. Founded in 2011, Fastly powers online destinations including Airbnb, GitHub, Alaska Airlines, Pinterest, Vimeo, The Guardian, The New York Times and Ticketmaster.
The worldwide cloud services market is projected to grow rapidly to $236 billion in 2020, according to Forrester, Inc. As more and more businesses move operations to the cloud, Fastly is well positioned to continue increasing CDN, cloud networking and cloud security market share with edge cloud services that reach beyond content delivery.
We're building a better Internet. Come join us.Senior Manager, Global Compensation
Fastly is seeking a consultative compensation expert to join our People team and lead the development and refinement of Fastly's compensation strategy. This is an excellent opportunity to bring your compensation expertise and ideas to a growing company, and lay the blueprint to build out compensation approaches to sustain Fastly into the future.
You will be responsible for the development, implementation, administration and maintenance of global compensation programs and initiatives. In addition to further developing Fastly's compensation philosophy and guidelines, you will play an important role in building greater transparency around Fastly's pay practices and objectives, and in educating managers and employees on how Fastly's compensation philosophy can drive and support future growth and success.What You'll Do
- Design, develop and maintain job/job family architecture, including job leveling and structure
- Participate in salary surveys, review market data/trends, make recommendations to ensure compensation strategy is compelling and aligned to support the business across the globe
- Perform compensation analysis, benchmarking, data modeling, and reporting
- Partner with Finance in equity compensation plans and modeling
- Develop executive compensation plans and practices consistent with business needs, compensation philosophy, and regulatory compliance
- Work in partnership w/ L&D / HRBPs to develop training and resources for managers and employees with the goal of greater transparency in pay practices
- Partner with Recruiting, management and HRBPs to assess new roles and re-evaluate existing roles as business evolves. Help develop job descriptions and align to job families and pay structure; perform job evaluation, provide guidance on pay, and build/manage a scalable offer approval process
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of compensation practices; consult and collaborate with HRBPs and across the business to resolve issues and offer solutions on matters related to compensation
- In partnership with HR partners, drive the bi-annual compensation processes
What We're Looking For
- 8+ years of progressive experience in Compensation / Rewards / Finance, to include job leveling and pay structure design/development and international compensation
- Experience with equity awards, including stock options and RSUs
- Excellent quantitative analysis skills; ability to analyze and problem-solve holistically
- Thorough understanding of the FLSA and exemption types
- In-depth understanding of SOX controls
- Direct experience with executive compensation and creation of compensation-related disclosures and filings
- Consultative and collaborative approach; credible subject matter expert and successful in influencing others
- Well-honed process design and project management skills
- CCP, GRP, and/or CECP certification preferred
- Pre-IPO to public experience desired
- Prior experience managing external consultants and/or compensation vendors preferred
- Sales/incentive compensation experience a plus!
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We're a Global Company. Fastly's home base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of our SF headquarters! An international culture is part of our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we're not 'one size fits all'. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We're always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you have the experience and background to add to our community of talent, please apply!
Fastly provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant's race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Keywords: Fastly, San Francisco , Senior Manager, Global Compensation, Accounting, Auditing , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!