Infrastructure and DBA, Manager
Company: Pacific Service Credit Union
Posted on: September 15, 2018
*No Relocation Package Available*
Position Summary: The Infrastructure and DBA, Manager is responsible for all of technology infrastructure and databases at Pacific Service Credit Union. While working as a hands-on manager, this position directs the daily workflow of the Credit Union's local and wide area networks, data centers, and all other systems that provide data communications and data processing; and manages a team of infrastructure engineers and third-party vendor participants and provides people oversight of network teams, including talent development, mentoring and goal setting, and tracking.
- Assists with internet and intranet services, including planning and maintenance of voice and data systems.
- Allocates resources as appropriate to support data and telecommunications strategic and tactical planning.
- Oversees the HelpDesk staff and ticketing system.
- Provides operational direction and high-level assistance to the network team working with service and system providers during major issues and day-to-day escalations.
- Assists with the Network Infrastructure Architecture & Design MIS/MPLS and redundancy.
- Assists with the Network Administration "DDoS Protection, Firewalls & DLP Filters.
- Oversees the configuration of network related products like: DNS, HTTP, HTTPS, IIS, FTP, PGP, TCPIP and BGP.
- Manages Storage Architecture & Design and Capacity Planning to ensure it is aligned to projected organic and new capability growth.
- Works closely with system analysts, vendors and users to translate business needs into system processes.
- Designs, develops, documents, and implements approved technology solutions, including process and system diagrams, journey maps, baseline analytics, and benchmark metrics.
- Works closely with all levels of management to identify, plan, and deploy member delivery systems, and implement internal controls necessary to safeguard critical systems.
- Evaluates current IT infrastructure and identifies technologies and projects to improve security, scalability and reliability of the overall environment.
- Oversees Network and Security Monitoring.
- System Administration, Active Directory, Email/Exchange, McAfee
- Data Center / Server Room management
- Server Management, configuration, patching, and maintenance
- SQL Database Architecture; SQL Database Maintenance
- Disaster Recovery and business resiliency failover planning and testing
- Backup Exec/Veeam Backup and Replication
- Plans and manages complete projects on time and on or under budget, including vendor relationships.
- Works with contracted IT vendor partners supporting the technology infrastructure to ensure reliable, cost effective and optimized business operations.
- Conducts research toward more extensive utilization of existing system resources.
- Acts with a sense of urgency and accountability while achieving quality results and identifying and resolving problems and issues within the scope of responsibility.
- Supervises and motivates personnel, monitoring departmental processes, and balancing departmental priorities with the needs of other departments.
- Directs team resources, projects, and daily assignments
- Performs special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Skills:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or related field desired and/or equivalent experience. ITIL knowledge or certification desired. Certifications in MCSE, CISSP, CCNA, ITIL, preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of ten (10) years hands-on technology experience and at least five (5) years manager-level experience in a medium-sized company. Knowledge of banking and financial requirements and regulations a plus. Knowledge of budget and financial management and reporting. Strong knowledge of information security practices, regulations, policy, and technology best practices. Previous experience with a financial institution with basic knowledge of financial products and services is a plus. Ability to write policies and audit responses as required. Working knowledge of the following technologies:
- SAN Storage, particularly Tegile, HP, NetApps, Nimble, PureStore are helpful.
- Server virtualization, particularly with VMware or HyperV.
- Knowledge of products such as Solarwinds, McAfee ePO, Forcepoint Filtering.
- Server environments based on Microsoft technologies (Windows Server, SQL Server, IIS, etc.).
- Avaya or Cisco phone systems, IVRs, call center telephony a plus.
- Networking focused on the use of Cisco technologies.
- Information Security and financial industry regulatory compliance a plus.
- Ability to provide direction of strategy and coordination of resources; build constructive relationships, resolve conflicts, and suggest appropriate solutions. Analytical thinking ability, diplomacy, and professionalism are required.
- Must have project management skills; excellent writing, presenting, and customer service skills. Must stay current on the rapidly changing technology landscape and have a vision for the future. Must be able to coordinate a high level of activity under a variety of conditions and constraints.
- Extra Credit Skills: You will bring your enthusiasm, collaborative work style, inquisitive attitude, flexibility, creativity; focus on excellence, and overall "great-to-work-with" demeanor.
- Travel Required: Limited overnight travel may be required. Any travel during assigned shifts requires ability to operate personal vehicle.
- Hours Required: Exempt employee with a work schedule of Monday through Friday, generally 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., with some alternate work schedules. Hours may fluctuate moderately to accommodate business development activities.
- Environmental Conditions: Work is primarily performed within a cubicle on a second floor of two-story building with elevator. Subject to standard background noise found in an office environment.
Keywords: Pacific Service Credit Union, San Francisco , Infrastructure and DBA, Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Concord, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!