Financial Analyst III
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Employer: Amazon.com Services LLC
Position: Financial Analyst III
Location: San Francisco, CA
Multiple Positions Available:
- Conduct financial analysis and strategic planning in support of
- Partner withFinance and Business Leaders (Managers though Vice
Presidents) in setting profitability, Capital Expenditure, and
financial planning for business expansions.
- Work directly with business leaders and cross-functional teams
to present results of ad hoc business and financial analysis and
recommendations to senior management for optimal decision
- Develop and automate reporting of key performance metrics and
analysis to achieve business goals.
- Perform business and financial forecasting and spreadsheet
modeling by writing SQL queries to gather the financial and
operational data needed for the analysis and using advanced excel
spreadsheet modeling techniques.
- Review and measure financial and operational performance on a
bi-weekly basis with finance and business teams and generate
bridging reports for senior management using financial and
operational metrics, including performing ad-hoc audits of the
financial metrics used for data accuracy.
- Work on monthly and quarterly guidance process working closely
with accounting and central FP&A to ensure the validity of the
financials and report results to senior management.
- Oversee and review bi-yearly operational planning activities
for detailed business level budgeting and forecasting, and create
detailed financials plans.
- Update the detailed financial plans on a regular basis.
- Define reporting methodologies.
- Create new reporting, maintain and run reports using tools such
as Excel, TM1 Cognos, SQL and other internal tools/systems.
- Conduct financial and business analyses, business and financial
forecasting, and financial spreadsheet modeling, using a broad
range of tools and technologies.
- Track down and identify sources of data, determine the validity
of the data, and analyze the variance in the data between various
systems and reports.
- Telecommuting benefits available.
* 5+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
Please disregard the above bullet point and refer to the below
listed job qualifications.
A Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Business, Finance,
Mathematics, Accounting, Business or related discipline and 3 years
of finance experience.
Experience must include:
- 1) 3 years of experience with advanced excel spreadsheet
modeling Excel, SQL and TM1 Cognos) to aid managerial decision
- 2) 3 years of experience managing finance driven projects
including project design, budgeting, and implementation.
- 3) 3 years of experience reporting and presenting business
analysis and recommendations to senior management or business
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, or national origin.
All applicants must meet all the above listed requirements.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is
an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will
consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., San Francisco , Financial Analyst III, Accounting, Auditing , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!