Senior Accountant (Remote)
Company: Wesco International
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: August 7, 2022
WESCO is seeking a Senior Accountant. In this role, you will
maintain financial records and ensures that financial transactions
are properly recorded. You will ensure the accuracy of entries to
ledger accounts and reconciles subsidiary ledger accounts to the
general ledger. You will prepare complex balance sheets, profit and
loss statements and other financial reports. You will analyze
current costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations
incurred to predict future revenues and expenses. In addition, you
will guide lower-level accountants.Responsibilities: -
- Prepares journal entries, analyzes accounts, prepares
statements, and assists accounting manager with monthly closing and
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries
for accounts, including general ledger and document business
- Maintains and coordinates implementation of accounting and
- Resolves and corrects billing, inventory, costing, and other
- Prepares documentation of processes and procedures and
- Prepares general ledger account reconciliations.
- Researches and explains general ledger account variances to
trend, budget, and prior year.
- Monitors and reviews accounting and related systems' reports
for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepares and reviews budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries,
invoices, and other accounting documents.
- Analyzes revenue and expenditure trends and recommends
appropriate budget levels, and ensures expenditure control.
- Explains accounting policies to staff.
- Recommends, develops, and maintains financial databases,
software, and manual filing systems.
- Supervises input and handling of financial data and reports for
company automated financial systems.
- Interacts with internal and external auditors in completing
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 3 years required, 5 years preferred of accounting experience.
- Pertinent state and local laws, codes, and regulations.
- Accounting theory, and application of principles and practices.
- Principles and practices of financial record keeping and
- Analysis and interpretation of complex financial and
statistical data. -
- Assembly and preparation of data for reports. -
- Strong office and computer skills. -
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. -
- Able to prepare, examine, and verify financial reports. -
- Able to establish and maintain cooperative working
- Able to research and analyze varieties of information. -
Keywords: Wesco International, San Francisco , Senior Accountant (Remote), Accounting, Auditing , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!