Director of Housing Operations
Company: HomeRise (formerly Community Housing Partnership)
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: January 16, 2022
WHO WE AREHomeRise believes that home has the power to stabilize
a person's life. Built on a simple-but powerful idea called
supportive housing, we provide people experiencing homelessness
with a place to call home combined with support services, like
mental health services and job training, so they can rise up and
transform their lives. We organize our residents and supporters to
advocate for local and state policies, like affordable housing, to
help people still on the streets or at risk of homelessness.
Together, we're building a new future for our neighborhoods and the
city we love.
BENEFITSHomeRise provides an excellent comprehensive benefits
package including: 100% employer paid employee healthcare options
(Kaiser or Sutter), dental, vision, life & disability insurance;
FSA childcare, medical and commuter benefits options; 403(b)
retirement investment opportunity with employer match; Employee
Assistance Program; paid training, annual education benefit with
paid time for professional development. We also include PTO (2
weeks accrued for first 12 months and 3 weeks accrual from 13-36
months of continuous service); 14 paid holidays with one floating
day for your birthday and of course sick time accrual. Other
advantages working for us are: Employee Referral Program, our HERO
Award recognizing outstanding performance in the line of duty,
sabbatical leave after 5 years of service. POSITION OVERVIEWWe are
seeking a Director of Housing Operations who can provide
professional management, strategic leadership, and innovation to
advance the Housing Operations (HO) Department as it drives toward
the agency's goal of resident self-sufficiency. We are seeking a
seasoned professional with a robust set of skills and experience
within a Supportive Housing setting. The ideal candidate will be
able to demonstrate best practices within the areas of compliance,
property management, vendor relations, and supervisory skills, all
of which will support the agency's mission to support formerly
homeless residents in achieving self-sufficiency. The Director of
Housing Operations will be responsible for ensuring excellence in
the management and financial performance of HomeRise's properties,
meeting key performance indicators, and will manage the growth of
the department through new building rent-ups. The position reports
directly to the Chief Strategy/Operating Officer and is a member of
the leadership team of Directors. Additionally, the Director has a
strong working relationship with the C-team, including the CEO and
CFO to develop and implement strategies that support the agency in
achieving performance targets for the buildings in the portfolio,
meeting customer service goals, and working collaboratively with
services to support resident self-sufficiency outcomes. This is an
excellent opportunity for an innovative non-profit/Housing
Operations professional with a passion for social change, a
commitment to applying business skills to achieve positive social
impact and a strong track record with staff development and growth.
The Director of Housing Operations oversees a 125+ employee
department and twelve properties that house over 1,100 individuals
and families in San Francisco.
- Responsible for the overall financial and operational
performance of the organization's property portfolio.
- Ensure compliance with all rules, regulations and laws relevant
to HomeRise's housing and affiliates.
- Coordinate and strategize future projects resulting in
additional units to the current property portfolio
- Manage and develop annual budgets totaling approximately $12
- Responsible for ensuring alignment of property performance
- Ensure a strong collaborative partnership with Resident
- Identify and devise strategies for ongoing operational
- Develop and implement policies on building operations and
- Monitor occupancy, rent collection and cost control to ensure
the financial stability of properties.
- Ensure all buildings are clean and well maintained and monthly
inspections are following protocols; monitor adherence to
preventative maintenance schedules.
- Ensure that all safety procedures are followed and working
conditions are safe.
- Manage resident relationships and address issues regarding HO
services, products, and/or personnel.
- Supports the Housing Operations Supervisors and Occupancy &
Compliance team in the development of specific leasing and
marketing plans for each property.
- Ensures that site HO staff have a strong collaborative
partnership with site resident services staff
- Manage subsidized units for formerly homeless residents.Staff
Management and Development
- Recruit, hire, supervise, motivate, manage and develop the
capabilities of the HO team.
- Create a work environment that fosters inter-departmental
teamwork, outcomes based and a mission driven atmosphere.
- Oversee employee performance reviews and provide ongoing
support and feedback to HO team regarding their job
- Provide strong leadership, clear direction and ensure
accountability within the department.
- Knowledge and experience working within a unionized
organizationCollaboration with Staff
- Interface with HomeRise C-Team to ensure alignment of program
outcomes and HO operations.
- Interface with Finance and Asset Management to ensure that the
properties are meeting deliverables, tax credit compliance
requirements and are in compliance with all State, Federal and
- Ensure collaboration and coordination with Resident Services
Department at site and agency level.
- Provide support to the Real Estate Development team in
preparation of funding applications and project conceptualization
for new developments and recapitalization analyses and funding
applications for existing buildings.
- Participate in Leadership Team and Board of Directors
- Participate in advocacy and fundraising activities related to
the agency as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS
- BA desired, with preference for degree in real estate
management, business or related field.
- MBA, MPA, MNA preferred.
- Minimum eight years' experience within property management
including supportive housing, affordable housing, and non-profit
- Ability to develop budgets and review financial statements
- Strong computer skills including word processing, databases,
spreadsheets and a knowledge of Property Management software.
- High level of organization and the ability to complete complex
tasks with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership as member of senior
- Ability to combine macro strategic, policy and planning
perspective with attention to details, controls and other micro
- Demonstrated commitment to working with homeless people and
support for HomeRise's mission and culture required.
- Strong interest in doing social justice advocacy.
- Ability to respond to emergencies at buildings during off
hours. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY
- Facilities Director, Compliance Manager and 3 Housing
Operations Supervisors POSITION DETAIL
- Location: 251 Post Street, Suite 200 San Francisco, CA
- Full-Time / Exempt status
- Schedule: Generally Monday through Friday 9 am - 5 pm
- Reports to: Chief Strategy/Operating Officer APPLICATION
PROCESS To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter
and resume at: https://homerisesf.org/careers/ Resumes without a
cover letter will not be considered. Due to the number of
applications we receive, we are only able to respond to candidates
selected for interviews.
Keywords: HomeRise (formerly Community Housing Partnership), San Francisco , Director of Housing Operations, Accounting, Auditing , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!