IT Assurance Intern (Summer 2022)
Company: BPM LLP
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: November 22, 2021
What does BPM stand for? Innovation, opportunity, community,
diversity, inclusivity , flexibility and so much more.
B-P-M stands for "Because People Matter," because at our core, our
people drive everything we do and how we do it.
We are a forward-thinking, full-service accounting firm providing
modern solutions to businesses across the globe. We focus on
comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services for our
clients, and we provide our people and our community with the
resources to lead meaningful and purposeful lives.
While we are one of the largest California-based accounting firms,
our flexible work locations and schedules mean we have
professionals across the continent. Our teams and our clients drive
us to provide quality services and ignite unique insights and ideas
that contribute to our continued success. Our clients come from
different backgrounds and industries, which keep our people
intellectually challenged every day.
Our initiatives and ideals lead to our continued recognition as one
of the "Best Places to Work" in the Bay Area and beyond. We are
dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees
along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated
lifestyle. Our flexible culture allows our professionals to live a
balanced lifestyle between their work responsibilities and personal
- Consistent recognition as one of the Bay Area's "Best Places to
- Recognition as "Top 5 Accounting Firm in the Bay Area"
- BPMU - A corporate university that's dedicated to your career
growth and development
- Rich diversity in the clients, industries, and overall work
- Interest in a career in public accounting
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 in a BS/BA/MSA/MST/Certificate Program in
Accounting IS, Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or
- Interest in completing the CISA certification
- Positive, enthusiastic energy
- The people skills to work with individuals in and out of the
- A forward-thinking and hands-on approach
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A desire to learn
- Leadership skills
- Review, document, evaluate and test general and application
controls, particularly automated controls on a wide range of
software application packages for financial reporting
- Attend walkthroughs during control testing and assist auditor
in-charge by taking detailed notes and documenting control
objectives in working papers
- Assist with financial statement audits and Sarbanes-Oxley
compliance testing by identifying control objectives and the design
of control procedures to address those objectives
- Identify internal IT general controls, by assessing their
design and operational effectiveness, determining risk exposures
and developing remediation plans
- Understanding client needs, identifying root causes of
problems, and implementing pragmatic solutions
- Determine technical and business impact of identified security
and control issues and provide remediation guidance
- Be a Team player and contribute to the IT Assurance
Wondering if you should apply?
BPM is powered by knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and forward-thinking
people committed to developing a culture of inclusion. We
recognize, develop, and empower talent and encourage diversity of
thought. Your point of view, skillset and experience will only make
us stronger, so if you're eager to share new ideas and try new
things, we want to hear from you.
BPM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified
candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner
consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note - this posting is for prospective candidates only.
Unsolicited third party resume submissions will be considered
property of BPM and will not be acknowledged or returned.
BPM COVID Vaccination Policy
Effective July 1, 2021, only fully vaccinated employees will be
permitted to enter our offices until further notice. Fully
vaccinated means there has been a 2 full week period since the last
vaccine. All employees must wear a mask until further notice.
Keywords: BPM LLP, San Francisco , IT Assurance Intern (Summer 2022), Accounting, Auditing , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!