CWM - Personal Financial Management - Wealth Management, Associate - Albany, NY
Company: Goldman Sachs
Posted on: April 10, 2021
- Jump to site homepage
- Jump to main page content
- Jump to main menu
- Jump to site-wide links
- careers Search Jobs BRIEFINGS Weekly Insights from Goldman
Sachs Sign up for BRIEFINGS, a weekly email about trends shaping
markets, industries and the global economy. Sign Up Careers See
Yourself Here: Careers at Goldman Sachs We think who you are makes
you better at what you do. Learn more about our firm and culture
through a day in the life of our people. Learn more
- Privacy and Cookies
- Ad Choices
- Terms & Conditions
- Security & Fraud Awareness
- Regulatory Disclosures
- Site Map
- Client Logins
- Employee Login
- Alumni Network
- Disability Accommodation for Applicants
- Mobile View
- @GS10KSmallBiz -- 2021 Goldman Sachs BESs BESs BESs BESs BESs
BESs BESs BESs BESs BESs BESs BESs BESs BESs Careers Center CWM -
Personal Financial Management - Wealth Management, Associate -
Albany, NY in Albany, New York - Careers at 9056 089 A700
0000-Consumer and Wealth Management-Wealth-United Capital-Wealth
Skip to Main Content Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please
enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized
features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Welcome page Returning Candidate? Log back in! CWM - Personal
Financial Management - Wealth Management, Associate - Albany, NY
Location(s) US-NY-Albany Job ID 2021-76009 Schedule Type Full Time
Function(s) General Region Americas Division Consumer and Wealth
Management Business Unit United Capital Employment Type Employee
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Consumer and Wealth Management (CWM) Across
Consumer and Wealth Management (CWM), Goldman Sachs helps empower
clients and customers around the world reach their financial goals.
Our advisor-led wealth management businesses provide financial
planning, investment management, banking and comprehensive advice
to a wide range of clients, including ultra-high net worth and high
net worth individuals, as well as family offices, foundations and
endowments, and corporations and their employees. Our consumer
business provides digital solutions for consumers to better spend,
borrow, invest, and save. Across CWM, our growth is driven by a
relentless focus on our people, our clients and leading-edge
technology, data and design. PFM Goldman Sachs Personal Financial
Management (GS PFM) specializes in creating personalized wealth
management plans for affluent individuals and families. We give
clients clarity, confidence and control over their financial
decisions. Our dedicated team of advisors across approximately 100
offices throughout the U.S., develops and implements personalized
plans tailored to each client's values and life goals. Our advisors
offer an investment platform inclusive of products and services
offered by Goldman Sachs and other third parties, including private
banking and lending offerings. We consider the relationships with
our clients a lifelong partnership, a partnership backed by over
150 years of Goldman Sachs providing consistency, perspective and
access as our clients' needs evolve. RESPONSIBILITIES AND
QUALIFICATIONS SUMMARY The Wealth Manager is responsible for
counseling clients on investment opportunities, in alignment with
the client's needs, goals and tolerance for risk. The Wealth
Manager works directly with clients by providing objective,
event-driven financial advice focused on each client's whole
financial picture. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES The
following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list
of all duties performed by all employees in this classification,
only a representative summary of the primary duties and
responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all
duties listed and may be required to perform additional
position-specific duties and/or duties that are outside the
specific functions that are listed.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of Goldman Sachs Personal
Financial Management processes including Money Mind--, Honest
- Successfully leads clients through the Money Mind-- and Honest
Conversations-- client meeting process.
- Deliver clients comprehensive financial planning in the areas
of investment, tax, retirement, education, insurance and estate
planning, working closely with the Relationship Manager to support
overall client planning needs as well as company objectives.
- Actively participates in meeting preparation managing an
assigned Relationship Manager to ensure all client deliverables are
completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Actively monitors financial markets, specific investments in
clients' portfolios and keeps abreast of new investment strategies
and investment vehicles to continue to provide the best possible
level of service to all firm clients.
- Takes a holistic view of each client's financial needs and
goals ensuring clients remain on track to achieve goals.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the client's situation
resulting in the ability to review each deliverable with the
client, including Investment performance.
- Maintains clear communication with clients relative to a
minimum level of service and ongoing service expectations.
- Develops and manages relationships with assigned client base
ensuring all clients have a consistent and positive
- Responsible for new business development, including active
retention of new clients and opportunities within Adviser's own
book of business.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry
influencers and key strategic partners. Actively develops and
maintains relationships with target clients, effectively utilizing
available universal marketing materials. COLLATERAL DUTIES
- Participates on special task forces related to new corporate
- Other duties as directed by management. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to sit at desk for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to operate a wide range of office technology, such as
operating a multi-line telephone system, computer, copier and fax
- Ability to read documents, reports, etc.
- Ability to answer phones and communicate with callers. MINIMUM
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting and/or
Economics or equivalent experience
- Master of Business Administration degree is strongly
- Must have a Series 7 and Series 66 OR Series 65.
- Certified Financial Planner or Charted Financial Analyst
designation is highly desired.
- Minimum two years of working as a Wealth Adviser, Financial
Adviser or Financial Consultant.
- Registered as an Investment Advisory Representative (IAR).
Required Knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and
- SalesForce or other CRM software
- Securities, Financial Planning, Investments or Insurance
- Custodian Platforms (i.e. Fidelity, Schwab, etc.)
- Broker Dealer and Investment Advisory Regulations
- Maintenance of confidential records Required Skills in:
- Strong demonstrated quantitative and analytical abilities
- Superior people and communication skills and the ability to
communicate effectively with clients through dissatisfaction.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Judgement and problem solving; takes responsibility,
demonstrates personal integrity, honesty and is able to deal with
confidential information on a daily basis.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and
- Proficient in Google Apps.
- A self-starter with a strong sense of ownership, positive
professional attitude and demeanor.
- Must be able to exercise judgment, tact and diplomacy when
dealing with clients, other executives and levels of
- Excellent time management and strong organizational skills and
ability to prioritize multiple tasks and anticipate potential
client issues. ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT
MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD) The Consumer and Investment Management
Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private
Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by
Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and
banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world.
CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help
individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take
control of their financial lives. ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help
our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow.
Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking,
securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New
York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're
committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our
own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our
firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and
personally, from our training and development opportunities and
firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance
offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture,
benefits, and people at-- GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates
with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process.
Learn more: https://
-- The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer
Identity Options Apply Apply Email a Friend Email a Friend
Keywords: Goldman Sachs, San Francisco , CWM - Personal Financial Management - Wealth Management, Associate - Albany, NY, Accounting, Auditing , Albany, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!