Company: The Asia Foundation
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: April 10, 2021
The Asia Foundation's Finance unit in San Francisco, CA--is
seeking a Senior Accountant. Please apply by April 19, 2021.
General Ledger Processing
- Process and/or post all journal entries and shared working
files on OneTAF (JV's, cash sheets, local payroll, cash receipts,
accruals, US Payroll PTO files, etc.).
- Update cross-functional shared working files on OneTAF
including the Cash Receipts spreadsheet and the Pledge Receivables
- Review Requests for Payments for accuracy, coding, compliance
with policies and procedures.
- Set up new employee projects in CostPoint.
- Responsible for prepaid expense amortizations.
- Request new project, task numbers to record events,
contributions and pledges as needed.
- Reconcile GL accounts, as assigned, monthly.
- Research and resolve problems, make corrections as needed.
- Review quarterly and annual reconciliations workbooks from all
- Analyze and process PTO and ATR accrual JVs.
- Process the monthly and year-end close on a timely basis. Fixed
- Enter all acquisitions and retirements to Fixed Asset
- Monitor Fixed Assets clearing accounts on monthly basis.
- Prepare the depreciation expense JV.
- Review the depreciation reports for reasonableness before
posting the JV.
- Work with field offices close to year-end to ensure that fixed
assets are reconciled and physical inventory is completed for each
- Prepare Fixed Assets rollforward for annual audit. Other
- VISA card administration - supervise the review and
reconciliation of Amex/Visa advance accounts, including related JVs
- Develop and publish the worldwide headcount report
- Publish the cash balance chart monthly.
- Provide information, guidance and skill training to field and
San Francisco staff regarding the account codes and accounting
- Manage the annual close and participate in the external audit
- Assist with the preparation for and support during the external
- Serve as backup for other department tasks: A/P review, cash
management and as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor. RELATIONSHIPS
INTERNAL: Regular interaction with staff in all units and
divisions, including field offices. EXTERNAL: Represent Foundation
to outside interests when necessary.-- REQUIREMENTS EXPERIENCE &
SKILLS: Minimum three to five years recent accounting experience
working with a general ledger system. Solid computer skills and
ability to prepare financial reconciliations and other analyses;
ability to learn and work with various software programs.
Experience managing monthly closing processes and meeting tight
deadlines. Experience in non-profit international non-governmental
organizations a plus. EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in accounting or
business administration with an accounting concentration strongly
preferred. OTHER: Knowledge of GAAP and internal control principles
essential. Excellent analytical and organizational skills, strong
interpersonal skills and English language writing skills required.
Knowledge of OMB Uniform Guidance (2 CFR 200) and Federal cost
principles helpful. HOW TO APPLY: Applications should be submitted
by visiting our website: asiafoundation.org and selecting
"Employment Opportunities." Please submit a cover letter and resume
by the application deadline of April 19, 2021. The Asia Foundation
is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V. No phone calls,
please. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals
with Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: The Asia Foundation, San Francisco , Senior Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!