Chief Financial Officer
Company: Zimmerman Associates Inc.
Posted on: February 25, 2021
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) provides operational,
programmatic, and functional support to the organization. The CFO
supervises the accounting and finance units and is the chief
financial spokesperson for the organization. The CFO reports
directly to the President and directly assists Senior Management on
all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget
management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs, and securing
new funding. Job Responsibilities
- Evaluates and manages financial risks and develops plans and
programs to minimize and contain risk exposures.
- Works with the President on the corporation's strategic vision,
including fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships.
- Fosters and cultivates business opportunities and
- Responsible for contracts management, pricing and business
proposals, procurement, facility leases, and insurance to ensure
FAR and Government compliance, as well as to address legal
requirements/issues that arise.
- Drafts prospective programmatic budgets, determining cost
effectiveness of prospective service delivery and establishes DCAA
provisional rate and pricing submission.
- Ensures adequate controls are installed to protect the
corporation's assets, and ensure the accuracy of its financial
statements and tax filings.
- Oversees the management and coordination of all fiscal
reporting activities for the organization, including income
statements, balance sheets, Federal and State income taxes, and
project reporting insuring compliance with GAAP accounting and for
- Manages banking relationships and treasury functions, including
cash flow projections, to ensure adequate funds to meet the
- Performs other duties as assigned. All work will be conducted
in a typical office environment, with periodic visits to client
sites and production areas.-- Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university, or
equivalent work experience.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
- 8+ years of management experience, with an increasing level of
- 6+ years of Federal Government contracting experience,
including working knowledge of the FAR.
- 4+ years of project or divisional P&L responsibility. --A
self-starter who has the ability and desire to lead the company's
finance, accounting, and contract administration activities to
achieve exceptional operational performance and welcomes performing
in an open, collaborative, and energetic cultural environment. The
successful candidate will be interested in understanding the
business of the company and applying his/her financial skills to
achieve the company's strategic goals. This position will serve as
a member of the senior management team and have input to executive
level decisions and development of the company's strategic plans.
The candidate will have expertise in a variety of the field's
concepts, practices, and procedures including:
- Extensive experience and judgment with planning and
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
(administrative and/or legal)
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Ability to effectively present material to groups of all sizes
ZAI is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with Federal
and State Equal Opportunity Laws, qualified applicants are
considered for all positions applied for without regard to race,
color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity) ,
national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital
status, disability, genetic information, age, veterans status or
any other legally protected status.
Keywords: Zimmerman Associates Inc., San Francisco , Chief Financial Officer, Accounting, Auditing , Fairfax, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!