Company: Business Wire
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global
market leader in press release distribution and regulatory
disclosure. We are on a mission to redefine how organizations
connect with their audiences - and that's just the beginning!
Organizations, big and small, depend on us to accurately publicize
market-moving news and multimedia, host online newsrooms and
investor relations websites, and generate social engagements that
continuously develop interactions with their target audience. About
the Role Reporting to the Collections Manager, the Collections
Associate will be a key contributor to Business Wire's AR
operations. The Collections Associate will manage collections
efforts for a portfolio of commercial customers which will include
some of Business Wire's high-profile clients. Collections
Associates are responsible for managing the collection and
resolution on customer account balances. This includes resolving
customer billing questions, responding to customer account
inquiries, proactively contacting customers and Business Wire sales
teams to address past-due balances, and recommending Business Wire
process improvements and methods to improve the customer experience
with the Business Wire invoice payment process. What You'll Do
- Develop and maintain collaborative and supportive relationships
with counterparts on the external customer and internal business
sides in order to improve Collections operations.
- Leverage an understanding of customer requirements, products
and systems to identify and proactively address payment performance
issues, and provide ongoing consultation and support to
stakeholders on questions related to Business Wire's policies and
- Partner with Business Wire operations personnel to proactively
address process gaps/issues.
- Promote customer adoption of Business Wire process changes and
new platform offerings to improve billing and payment experience,
and provide customer feedback to Finance team leaders.
- Drive resolution on billing and payment problems by
troubleshooting issues faced, understanding root causes, driving
corrective actions, and interfacing with internal teams to
facilitate quick and efficient resolutions.
- Prepare open balance customer account reports, and gather
credit and/or reference information.
- Contribute to the maintenance of customer database by entering,
updating, and retrieving data, as well as formatting and generating
- Resolve open invoice problems on past due accounts.
- Respond to inquiries from customers or external collection
resources, and contact those with unresolved issues.
- Work collaboratively with manager and Collections team to
improve collections performance, address operational issues, and
help design & test new systems and system upgrades.
- Work, as needed, with the cash applications group to help
reduce the backlog of unapplied cash.
- Proactive use of telephone and electronic communication to work
with external & internal customers to maintain accounts in good
standing and resolve past due balances. What You'll Need
- 10+ years of Commercial Collection experience calling on large
corporate clients in a high-volume environment.
- Candidate must be focused and driven, and needs to show a
consistent record of reducing DSO and improving agings.
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Team player who can work collaboratively with all levels of an
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to establish
and maintain relationships with customers and sales teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Logical deduction and problem-solving skills.
- Detail oriented with the ability to prioritize based on the
level of urgency.
- Sales tax reporting experience and a good understanding of tax
exemptions in a multi-state environment is preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office, particularly Excel. Business Wire will
not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this
position. Local candidates preferred. Relocation assistance is not
provided. Business Wire is proud to be an equal opportunity
workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity
regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status,
disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and
local ordinances, and its internal policy, Business Wire will also
consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and
Keywords: Business Wire, San Francisco , Collections Associate, Accounting, Auditing , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!