Head of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, AppDynamics
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: September 17, 2020
AppDynamics is an Application Intelligence company. With
AppDynamics, enterprises have real-time insights into application
performance, user performance and business performance so they can
move faster in an increasingly sophisticated, software-driven
world. Our integrated suite of products is built on our innovative,
enterprise-grade App iQ Platform that enables our customers to make
faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve
operational and business performance. AppDynamics is uniquely
positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital
transformations by actively monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing
complex application environments at scale which has led to shown
success and trust with the Global 2000.
What You'll Do
AppDynamics, the leading application intelligence solution for
today's software-defined businesses and a part of Cisco, is looking
for a highly qualified professional to lead its diversity, equity
and inclusion programs to attract, retain and develop diverse
Who you'll work with
In this position you will be an extended member of the AppDynamics
executive staff. In your role, you'll work closely with
AppDynamics' leaders, executives, HR & recruiting team, employee
resource groups, and Cisco's Office of Inclusion and Collaboration
to set, build upon, and drive AppDynamics' Belong (diversity,
equity and inclusion) initiatives and strategy. This position is
based out of AppDynamics' San Francisco headquarters.
Who you are
- Expertise and experience leading in the diversity, equity and
- Experience designing, building and leading measurable and
scalable diversity, equity and inclusion programs and initiatives
for global, complex organizations.
Desired Skills and Characteristics:
- Extraordinary teammate with strong work ethic who thrives
working in a fast-paced environment with various cross-functional
groups such as a variety of business leaders, human resources,
recruiting, and employee resource organizations.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills and wants to contribute
to a team culture passionate about fun.
- Active listener who can understand challenges, prioritize
objectives and orchestrate diverse groups of people.
- Strong communications skills and ability to establish
relationships with key partners and get results through
collaboration and influence.
- Strong project management skills, with an orientation to
- Experience developing and supervising a budget.
- Good judgment, including a track record of providing sound
- Ability to lead, develop and manage people.
Description of Work:
- Act as a leader with vision at AppDynamics on all aspects of
diversity, equity and inclusion and bring new insights and
practices to AppDynamics and Cisco.
- Design and drive ongoing initiatives and programs under the
AppDynamics Belong (diversity & inclusion) umbrella through
coordination with cross-functional partners, including HR,
recruiting, employee experience, and employee groups.
- Be a liaison between AppDynamics and Cisco's Office of
Inclusion and Collaboration and propose opportunities for
partnership and drive implementation of key OIC programs at
- Build DEI strategy and action plans, including developing
success metrics and an approach to assess progress, achievement and
- Work with AppDynamics' executive team on DEI strategy,
execution and performance.
- Develop strategies to expand Belong initiatives globally and
across distributed teams.
- Partner with HR and recruiting to influence and set strategies
to attract and build pipelines for diverse talent.
- Work with HR, the employee experience team and business leaders
to develop policies and processes that build an inclusive work
environment and invest in development of diverse talent.
- Develop, market, and assist in executing DEI-related events,
including internal events, recruiting events and learning and
- Serve as a champion and advisor of AppDynamics' employee
resource organizations (EROs) and provide support in driving ERO
initiatives and amplifying underrepresented voices.
- Grow cross-functional partnerships to influence leaders,
employees and partners towards advancing Belong initiatives.
- Drive and develop a marketing and communications strategy for
Belong and associated DEI initiatives.
- Propose and supervise diversity and inclusion budget and return
- Partner with AppDynamics' Community Engagement & Social Impact
team to develop strategic partnerships to build diversity, equity
and inclusion at AppDynamics and beyond.
Keywords: AppDynamics, San Francisco , Head of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, AppDynamics, Accounting, Auditing , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!