Finance Operations Analyst
Company: Palantir Technologies
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: January 17, 2020
A WORLD-CHANGING COMPANY
At Palantir, we re passionate about building software that solves
problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the
world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software
has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines,
gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types
of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
As a Finance Operations Analyst, you will be a part of the Revenue
team and be the expert on all things cash and revenue. As a member
of this team, you will be responsible for understanding our
customer contracts, updating and tracking our invoicing schedule
and the end to end process of invoicing and applying customer
payments. You are the expert for all questions around invoices,
payments, revenue blockers and ultimately keeping our schedules and
forecasts tight. You aren t afraid to uphold best practices, keep
teams accountable and be the ultimate project manager. You will
also constantly strive to improve the financial reporting process
while maintaining a high level of attention to detail. The
solutions you create today will need to work better and smarter
tomorrow. We want someone who can help build, break, fix and scale
* Daily application of customer payments, billing and account
* Ensure the accuracy of our cash and revenue forecasts.
* Represent Finance with our business partners in Legal, Business
Development, and Deal Desk to generate sales orders/invoices, track
down payments and unblock revenue holds.
* Work closely with our customer Accounts Payable and Project POCs
to ensure invoicing accuracy.
* Maintain knowledge of our customer invoicing portals and an
understanding of our customer contracts and contracting terms.
* Responsible for the health of our Accounts Receivable
What We Value
* BA/BS or MA/MS in Finance, Economics, Business Administration,
Math, Statistics, or related field.
* At least 3 years of relevant work experience in Accounts
Receivable, Finance, or Accounting.
* Proficient in Excel, Netsuite, and Salesforce.
* Effective problem solver with an ability to collaborate with both
internal teams and external customers.
* Ability to work in an unstructured environment with the desire to
help improve processes by working with different facets of the
* Experience automating and/or significantly reducing manual hours
required in a given process.
* Experience working in a rapidly growing and scaling company (e.g.
where headcount has grown 100%+ within a short time period).
Palantir is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon
race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including
pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a
protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or
other applicable legally protected characteristics. Please see the
United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster
supplement for additional information. We will also make all
reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws.
Keywords: Palantir Technologies, San Francisco , Finance Operations Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!